3D Level Designer
Aggro Crab is looking for an experienced level designer to work on an unannounced action game with platforming elements. This job is for a paid, full-time position that would begin with a short work-for-hire contract before committing to the salaried role.
For this role you will work closely with the Art Director, Environment Artist, and Narrative Designer to create beautiful & fun environments that help drive the gameplay, atmosphere and narrative.
Note: We are specifically looking for candidates local to the Seattle area as we plan on resuming work from an office when it's safe to do so again!
- Creating exciting levels using a combination of sculpted topography and individually placed assets.
- Creating usable Unity assets using the models, textures, etc. provided by the art team.
- Designing combat encounters with an eye for balance and pacing.
- Maintaining readable documentation on the enemies, items, and other assets present in the levels for organization & balance purposes.
- 2 years professional or casual level design experience.
- A portfolio that shows off an eye for aesthetics, explorability, and pacing in 3D game environments.
- Experience in a game engine is required, Unity experience is GREATLY preferred.
- Generalist developer experience is a plus!
- Git experience is a plus!
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and begin the subject line with “Level Designer”. Please submit a resume and link to a portfolio (most important factor), and tell us a bit about yourself, your current location, and why you’d like the job!
It's worth mentioning we don’t have all that many years of experience under our belt either, so Aggro Crab is a studio whose members will grow alongside it. If you don’t check off all the experience boxes but we see a spark, it might just work out. Folks from under-represented backgrounds are encouraged to apply as well; we believe a more diverse studio is a stronger one.