About Aggro Crab
Aggro Crab is a fresh-faced indie game studio in Seattle, WA best known for our debut project, Going Under. We make games by giving careful attention to the disciplines of art, narrative, sound, and gameplay, and by doing so we craft experiences with heart and sick vibes that are more than the sum of their parts. Our goal is to be a sustainable studio that supports its team, and make sure everyone who works with us has a voice, a sense of security, and is treated with respect. The ‘Aggro’ is reserved for punching up!
Let's be real there are, like, two of us full time right now at Aggro Crab, but we have an opportunity here to grow for our upcoming project (“Game 2”). When working with us, you will have a say in the direction of the game and the studio, as there’s still PLENTY to figure out. If that sounds good to you, please reach out!
Aggro Crab is looking for an experienced Producer to work on an unannounced action game. This job is for a paid, full-time position that would begin with a short work-for-hire contract before committing to the salaried role.
As our producer you will be in charge of production and project management for a team of 8-10. This is a pretty critical position for us to fill, as it’s a lead role that will shape the future of Aggro Crab. That means it's important for us that you click with Nick and Caelan and are prepared to argue with us often (we’re nice I promise!!).
Note: We are specifically looking for candidates local to the Seattle area as we plan on resuming work from an office when it's safe to do so again.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the ins and outs of our game and our process
- Tell us how to do things better and on time - decompose tasks, estimate, create schedules, roadmaps, co-dependencies, goals
- Talk to us - make sure every member of the team knows what to do, when, how long it’s going to take, why we’re doing it, who’s involved, and how it contributes to the bigger picture
- Set up a project management tool for us to use effectively such as Jira, Notion, ClickUp etc. (We’re currently on Notion but it's up to you to pick what’s going to work best)
- Be the point of contact for external production teams such as QA, porting and localization.
- Help with budgeting, bookkeeping, and various administrative jobs where it makes sense.
- Bizdev if you're interested but it's not required.
- Be a leader charting the course of the studio alongside us to establish a sustainable, inspired, confident, effective, and happy team :)
- Have a passion for indie games and a desire to work at an indie dev studio.
- Be an excellent communicator that can navigate compromises between individuals who might be very emotionally invested in their work.
- Have at least one shipped game under your belt.
- Be proficient in project management tools and s p r e a d s h e e t s.
- Know what things like Agile and Waterfall and other legitimate production process things are because I sure don’t!!
- Be able to work in-person in Seattle, WA starting as early as this summer.
- Be vaccinated!
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and begin the subject line with “Producer”. Alternatively if you’re on gamedev Twitter just DM @SmashyNick. Please submit a resume or linkedin and tell us a bit about yourself, your current location, and why you’d like the job!
It's worth mentioning we don’t have all that many years of experience under our belt either, so Aggro Crab is a studio whose members will grow alongside it. If you don’t check off all the experience boxes but we see a spark, it might just work out. Folks from under-represented backgrounds are encouraged to apply as well; we believe a more diverse studio is a stronger one.